Subject: Internet Addiction
You Know You're an Internet Addict When...
- You find yourself typing 'com' after every period when using a word
- You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
pulled the plug on a loved one.
- Your start introducing yourself as 'John at I-I-Net dot com.'
- Your wife drapes a blond wig over your monitor to remind you of what she
- All of your friends have an @ in their name.
- You can't call your mother - she doesn't have a modem.
- Your phone bill comes to your doorstep in a box.
- You laugh at people with 2400 modems.
- You move into a new house and decide to Netscape before you landscape.
- You refer to going to the bathroom as [downloading].
- You tell the cab driver you live at:
- Your spouse makes a new rule: 'The computer cannot come to bed.'
- You ask a plumber how much it would cost to replace the chair in front of
your computer with a commode
- You start tilting your head sideways to smile :-). #:-(
- You turn on your computer and turn off your spouse.
- Your spouse says communication is important in a marriage, so you buy
another computer and install a second phone line so the two of you
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.