From: Barton Warner (warner at gozer.isdn.uiuc.edu)
Subject: Microsoft the AutoMaker
Top Ten Ways Things Would Be Different if Microsoft Built Cars
- A particular model year wouldn't be available until after that
year, instead of before.
- Every time they repainted the lines on the road, you'd have to
buy a new car.
- Occasionally your car would just die for no reason, you'd have
to restart it, and, for some strange reason, you would just accept
- You could only have one person at a time in your car, unless you
bought a car '95 or a car NT, but then you'd have to buy more seats.
- You would be constantly pressured to upgrade your car. Wait a
sec, it's that way NOW!
- Sun Motorsystems would make a car that was solar powered, twice
as reliable, 5 times as fast, but only ran on 5% of the roads.
- The oil, alternator, gas, and temperature warning lights would
be replaced with a single "General Car Fault" warning light.
- People would get excited about the "new" features in Microsoft
cars, forgetting completely that they had been available in other
brands for years.
- We'd all have to switch to Microsoft Gas (tm).
- Ford, General Motors and Chrysler would all be complaining
because Microsoft was putting a radio (probably an A.M. radio at
that) in all its models.
Note: I'm not the author, these tidbits were all forwarded to me via
email. Where I know the author, it is given.
The From: header may be the author, or it may just be the person who
forwarded it to me.
Feel free to contact me to claim authorship.
Copyright (C) 2009 Brandon Long. All Rights Reserved.
Terms of Service
The "I work for a big public company" disclaimer:
The views expressed on these pages are mine
alone and not those of my employer.
I am not now, nor have I ever been employed to speak for anyone.
Well, except my own company, but that's gone now.